Overworking on existing images.

Tuesday 4th October.

This morning I did what Kim called overworking on existing images. It involved using shiney photographs,( apparently shiney ones work better) and doing whatever came to mind to change it.

Bleach, paint, varnish, white spirit, sandpaper, screws and brushes, in fact anything that came to mind was allowed.

I started off by using bleach on a picture which had a beach scene on it.Different colours appeared one after the other as though they were layered. It made me courious about how the printing process works.

I then became more adventurous and experimented with varnish, white spirit, paint and screws on other photographs. Some I thought were more successful than others.

One that I particularly like started off as a red rose with dew drops on it.I painted out all the the dewdrops and shading in the picture with black paint, and in the end you could not tell that it had ever been a rose.

Looking at other people’s attempts, I noticed that in the main they seemed to stay with the same style, i.e., bleach or paint, although experimenting with others.

I wish I had taken pictures of the photos before I changed them, then I could have compared the difference.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s